Articles by psychologists and others on helping to understand emotional and mental health challenges, plus suggestions to improve health.
Selected articles on other Creative Mind sites:
Articles on this site (The Creative Mind)
- Are Certain mental disorders linked to creative genius?
- Arianna Huffington on empowering yourself
- Be More Creative With More Self Care
- Be More Creative With More Self Care Part 2
- Being Creative Can Be Healing And A Refuge
- Biofeedback and Wearable Tech for Stress, Meditation and Fitness
- Bodywork and Healing
- Brain Awareness Week NeuroGym Training Series
- Can Trauma Help Develop Creativity?
- Courage and Creating
- Creating to work out our difficult thoughts and feelings
- Creative Artists With Depression
- Creative People and Counseling for More Emotional Health and Creativity
- Creative People and Mental Health
- Creative People Living with Emotional Health Challenges
- Creative People with Depression and Deeper Wounds
- Creativity and Hallucinations
- Creativity and Therapy Can Help Us Deal With Trauma
- Dealing With Stress To Be More Creative
- Dealing With Worry and Anxiety To Be More Creative
- Depression: Helping Creativity or Suppressing?
- Do You Need to be Crazy to be Creative?
- Embracing Even The Pain of the Creative Process – Part 2
- Emotional Health in Movies
- Fear and Anxiety Can Help Us Be More Creative
- Gaining health and personal growth using our Shadow
- Healing Emotional Trauma To Release Your Creativity
- How can psychotherapy benefit actors and other artists?
- How can you reclaim your creative dreams?
- How to have a more successful creative life – Eric Maisel programs
- Inside Out and Emotional Health
- Judith Orloff, MD on helping actors deal with anxiety
- Lena Dunham on Creating and Meditating
- Life Balance – even when you’re creative, sensitive or gifted
- Limiting yourself with drugs
- Make friends with the shadow side of ourselves to be more creative
- Making Positive Use of Our Pandora’s Box of Emotions
- Mental Health and Creative People – selected articles
- More Happy, More Creative?
- Owen Wilson, Anne Hathaway and other artists who experience depression
- Owning Our Shadow Self
- Psychologist Cheryl Arutt on Creative Artist Issues
- Sexual Abuse and Creative Expression
- The Irritable Male Syndrome
- The Mindfulness and Meditation Summit
- Trauma and Addiction: Colin Farrell and Other Creative People
- Trauma and Creative Work: Patrick Stewart
- Traumatic Childhood and Creative Adult
- Using Our Demons To Create
- Using Our Demons To Create – Part 2
- Working With Our Emotions To Be More Creative
- Your unique artistic mind and spirit as a creative person
Image at top: Fairy Sculpture by Robin Wight from Facebook / Wire Sculpture by Fantasywire.
[See more examples by this artist and others on the page: 21 Gravity-Defying Sculptures That Messed With Our Heads.]